We totally lost something, I thought, when we just went to keeping up with the other games through the sponsored digital score feed thing on the upper deck and on the scoreboard, instead of hearing it belted across the stadium and echoed with OOOOHS! Collectively celebrating Alabama being behind to some joke team they weren’t supposed to lose to was such wonderful fun. And if they lost, and we happened to be playing a joke team, too? Well sometimes the “Final Score: Joke Team 10, Alabama 9” was the loudest cheer of the day.
But now you’re telling me we can actually watch Alabama lose?! That’s just wonderful.
Do listen for the “They’re not going to keep’em off the field tonight!” (Can’t see the video? Try here.)
If you’d like to help TWER keep on keepin’ on, click here.
* ‘Did you say LSU or LS-PEW?’ Katy Perry uses corn dogs to pick Auburn over LSU in bizarre ESPN GameDay appearance
* Twelve years later, Syracuse sports writer who was ‘Changed Forever’ by Auburn gameday experience reflects on his most popular column ever
* ‘Jeopardy’ contestant whose ‘Cheers’-referencing final response went viral wishes she’d written ‘War Eagle’
* Recent Auburn grad featured in ABC News segment on professional Viners
* Fore Eagle! Auburn fan Zach Manning describes the moment he found Rory McIlroy’s tee shot in his shorts pocket
* Teen who poured her Auburn soul out after wisdom teeth extraction recovering nicely, dishes dirt on Dayton
* What was the probability of an Auburn win before each snap of the 2013 Iron Bowl? Now we know.