It’s not the first episode of HGTV’s House Hunters featuring Auburn grads. But the episdoe that aired Thursday night is the first built around the Return To Auburn instinct.
“They basically moved to Auburn on a leap of faith,” says Kristi Smith, the Auburn Realtor who helped Glenn Loughridge, Auburn University’s director of campus dining, and wife Shannon find the Auburn home they’ve been wanting since returning to the Plains in 2012. “They said ‘we just want to bring up our children in Auburn.'”
The Loughridg’se house hunting litmus test?
“They said they were looking for a place to throw the football,” says Smith, an Auburn graduate herself. “Glenn brought an Auburn football and in every yard they went out and threw the football.”
There were 43 yards.
“We looked at 43 houses,” Smith says. “The price ranges started in the $200,000 area and quickly went up.”
(Can’t see the video? Try here.)
The couple, who met at an Auburn football game, wound up going with a $330,000 house built in 1976 with a football field and a pool in the backyard.
The episode’s b-roll includes all the Auburn stuff you’d think it would: Samford Hall, Jordan-Hare, Auburn water towers. There’s even a clip of them going into Toomer’s Drugs for lemonade.
“It was a positive thing,” Smith says of the experience. “I think it’s going to be good for Auburn.”
If you’d like to help TWER keep on keepin’ on, please click here.
* The original capacity of Auburn’s Jordan-Hare Stadium was twice as much as everyone says
* Cast member not allowed to wear Auburn shirt on History Channel’s ‘Bamazon’
* ‘Jeopardy’ contestant whose ‘Cheers’-referencing final response went viral wishes she’d written ‘War Eagle’
* Recent Auburn grad featured in ABC News segment on professional Viners
* Fore Eagle! Auburn fan Zach Manning describes the moment he found Rory McIlroy’s tee shot in his shorts pocket
* Teen who poured her Auburn soul out after wisdom teeth extraction recovering nicely, dishes dirt on Dayton
* Auburn coaches lose it after beating Florida State in 1990
* Three fun plays you never see in highlights from the 1994 Auburn-Florida game