Beating Bama, being returning SEC Champs… it just feels like we’re entering another golden age of Auburn football, just like it was when I was six years old, when Pat Dye was the most famous person in the world. So it came as no surprise to receive a photo of six-year-old Micah Fuller dressed up as Gus Malzahn for Celebrity Day, which was held Wednesday at Sparta Academy in Evergreen, Ala.
Micah’s mother, Kristi Garner, said the first grader came up with the idea for the costume–plaid pants, white long sleeve shirt, Auburn sweater vest and visor–on his own.
“He loves some Auburn football,” Garner said.
His friend, however, loves Alabama football.
“Coincidentally, another student in his class dressed up like (Nick) Saban,” Garner said. “They’re good friends. I thought it was cute.”
No, those aren’t gang signs — the two fingers Micah is flashing, and the seven fingers his Bama buddy has up represent this week’s respective ranks for their favorite teams: Auburn is ranked second in the latest AP Poll, Alabama is seventh.
Happy days are here again.
If you’d like to help TWER keep on keepin’ on, click here.
* ‘Did you say LSU or LS-PEW?’ Katy Perry uses corn dogs to pick Auburn over LSU in bizarre ESPN GameDay appearance
* Twelve years later, Syracuse sports writer who was ‘Changed Forever’ by Auburn gameday experience reflects on his most popular column ever
* ‘Jeopardy’ contestant whose ‘Cheers’-referencing final response went viral wishes she’d written ‘War Eagle’
* Recent Auburn grad featured in ABC News segment on professional Viners
* Fore Eagle! Auburn fan Zach Manning describes the moment he found Rory McIlroy’s tee shot in his shorts pocket
* Teen who poured her Auburn soul out after wisdom teeth extraction recovering nicely, dishes dirt on Dayton
* Surreal Season: French artist produces pieces inspired by Ricardo Louis, Chris Davis, and the 2013 Auburn Tigers
* The Iron Bowl Earthquake
* Cremated remains found in Jordan-Hare Stadium after Iron Bowl