There was trick or treating at Wind Creek State Park this past Saturday. Third-generation Auburn grad Leah Dickinson (whose blog you can check out here) took her two sons Ethan (age 7) and Owen (age 9), or as they introduced themselves to the candy-hoarding denizens of Lake Martin: Coach Gus Malzahn and “Mr. Auburn Fast”.
Not that they needed to introduce themselves.
“Ethan smacked on gum to make it super-authentic”—this summer, Malzahn told ESPN that he typically plows through approximately 40 pieces of Double Bubble per game—”and Owen ran super fast for full ‘Auburn Fast’ effect.”
(Mom could have made things really super-authentic by forcing Ethan and Owen to return their candy for no good reason—she says her Blind SEC Referee costume was “totally Starkville inspired.”)
Dickinson says the boys were a hit, even with the arch rivals.
“People loved them!” Dickinson says. “Lots of giggles and ‘War Eagles’ and also some Bama fans playfully denying candy as they trick or treated.”
Six-year-old Micah Fuller went HUNH for his school’s Celebrity Day earlier this month.
If you’d like to help TWER keep on keepin’ on, please click here.
* SNL alum Victoria Jackson’s year at Auburn
* Gus Malzahn’s hurry-up, no-huddle offense has turned Auburn into Ball Boy U.
* Twelve years later, Syracuse sports writer who was ‘Changed Forever’ by Auburn gameday experience reflects on his most popular column ever
* ‘Jeopardy’ contestant whose ‘Cheers’-referencing final response went viral wishes she’d written ‘War Eagle’
* Recent Auburn grad featured in ABC News segment on professional Viners
* Fore Eagle! Auburn fan Zach Manning describes the moment he found Rory McIlroy’s tee shot in his shorts pocket