There’s been several making the rounds in the past year or so, but TWER reader Tommy Trammell just sent us the most detailed shot we’ve seen of the charred remains of the Old Sports Arena, which you may have heard mysteriously burned to the ground (taking at least 24 cars with it) during the 1996 Auburn-LSU game. Click to enlarge.
More Wacky LSU Stuff:
* What really happened at the Auburn-LSU ‘Earthquake Game’?
* Auburn’s 1908 team went undefeated despite losing to professional LSU team
* Remembering the forgotten victims (and ‘rumors’) from the ‘Night the Barn Burned’ during the 1996 Auburn-LSU game
* VIDEO: Curley Hallman’s 1994 Auburn-LSU post-game press conference
* LSU hoodie, Auburn logo
If you’d like to help TWER keep on keepin’ on, click here.
* Twelve years later, Syracuse sports writer who was ‘Changed Forever’ by Auburn gameday experience reflects on his most popular column ever
* ‘Jeopardy’ contestant whose ‘Cheers’-referencing final response went viral wishes she’d written ‘War Eagle’
* Recent Auburn grad featured in ABC News segment on professional Viners
* Fore Eagle! Auburn fan Zach Manning describes the moment he found Rory McIlroy’s tee shot in his shorts pocket
* Teen who poured her Auburn soul out after wisdom teeth extraction recovering nicely, dishes dirt on Dayton
* What was the probability of an Auburn win before each snap of the 2013 Iron Bowl? Now we know.