October 10 was Savannah Goldsmith’s last day as an Auburn student.
After visiting Florida this summer, the 19-year-old freshman decided to transfer. To Hollywood. You probably would to if you were an Auburn Theatre major already scoring lead roles in SyFy killer mutant reptile movies starring the guy who cut off the cop’s ear in Reservoir Dogs and produced by Roger Corman.
In the past few years, she (Goldsmith) was an extra in TV shows such as “Devious Maids” and “Necessary Roughness” and films such as “The Watch,” but this summer, her career took a promising step forward.
In June, Goldsmith starred as the female lead in “Cobragator,” a horror, sci-fi flick set to air on the Syfy channel in January.
In “Cobragator,” Goldsmith plays Aubrey, a member of a punk rock band who goes to a swamp to film a music video and encounters a genetically mutated reptile – the cobragator.
“It (“Cobragator”) was the best experience of my life,” Goldsmith told the Plainsman. “I know without a doubt it’s what I want to do.”
After wrapping on “Cobragator”, Goldsmith said she was approached by several talent agencies wanting to represent her. She eventually signed with Rare Quality Models and Talent, a Christian-friendly agency based in Dothan.
You can read the Plainsman’s big feature on Goldsmith, who broke her last leg at Auburn—she was the star of “Hedda Gabler”—only three weeks ago, and all the opportunities opening up for her here.
Related: Victoria Jackson’s one year at Auburn.
If you’d like to help TWER keep on keepin’ on, please click here.
* Meet the sexy Auburn grad student in ‘House’
* Cast member not allowed to wear Auburn shirt on History Channel’s ‘Bamazon’
* ‘Jeopardy’ contestant whose ‘Cheers’-referencing final response went viral wishes she’d written ‘War Eagle’
* Recent Auburn grad featured in ABC News segment on professional Viners
* Fore Eagle! Auburn fan Zach Manning describes the moment he found Rory McIlroy’s tee shot in his shorts pocket
* Teen who poured her Auburn soul out after wisdom teeth extraction recovering nicely, dishes dirt on Dayton
* Auburn coaches lose it after beating Florida State in 1990
* Three fun plays you never see in highlights from the 1994 Auburn-Florida game
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise? Spare a dollar?
Leave a Reply