I remember an awesome punt return and an awesome That’s How You Want To Remember Quentin Groves sack at the end to put the game away. But sheesh, looking back, the rest of that season-opening win over Kansas State was pretty hideous. The Wildcats had 18 penalties. Brandox Cox was sacked five times. He constantly clenched his shoulder. His thumbnail was ripped off.
Of Auburn’s 14th year senior quarterback, the color guy actually said “2006 was the battering of his lower body, 2007 looks to be the battering over his upper body.”
Auburn was down 13-9 with, like, five minutes left or something. We somehow wound up “gut winning”, as Tuberville described it, by 10.
Let’s remember the good times!
Here’s Robert Dunn’s 57-yard return of a 55-yard punt. (Can’t see the video? Try here.)
And here’s Quentin Groves living up to his middle name… (Can’t see the video? Try here.)
Videos: An Auburn obsessive.
Related: Quentin Groves to refute McClover allegations live on UStream, says McClover cooperated with HBO for free publicity for his ‘camp’.
If you’d like to help TWER keep on keepin’ on, please click here.
* Teen who poured her Auburn soul out after wisdom teeth extraction recovering nicely, dishes dirt on Dayton
* ‘Looks like he’s gotten a little faster’: Jake Longenecker’s former high school coach proud of Auburn ball boy’s newfound fame
* VIDEO: Charles Barkley vs. Barney the Dinosaur on 1993 episode of ‘Saturday Night Live’
* VIDEO: Beano Cook tells ESPN Auburn No. 1 in 1993
* Terry Bowden tells TWER Auburn has a right to claim the 1993 national championship
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise? Spare a dollar?
Leave a Reply