Curley Hallman, Curley Hallman, Curley Hallman. You have to say that name when you talk about the game (“It cost Curley Hallman his job.”). Frankly, I wouldn’t even know his name if it weren’t for that game. But man, I’m probably going to feel a little bad about punchlining him from now on because the man looked straight up broken when he talked to reporters, digesting and being digested by the realization that keeping the ball in the air was the worst decision of his professional career, what little was left of it (Wikipedia says he had three years at Muscle Shoals High School a decade later).
Brian Robinson: “We had to make’em pay.”
You can watch the whole game here.
Video: Auburn Obsessive.
If you’d like to help TWER keep on keepin’ on, click here.
* Twelve years later, Syracuse sports writer who was ‘Changed Forever’ by Auburn gameday experience reflects on his most popular column ever
* ‘Jeopardy’ contestant whose ‘Cheers’-referencing final response went viral wishes she’d written ‘War Eagle’
* Recent Auburn grad featured in ABC News segment on professional Viners
* Fore Eagle! Auburn fan Zach Manning describes the moment he found Rory McIlroy’s tee shot in his shorts pocket
* Teen who poured her Auburn soul out after wisdom teeth extraction recovering nicely, dishes dirt on Dayton
* What was the probability of an Auburn win before each snap of the 2013 Iron Bowl? Now we know.