Auburn University is No. 2 (you know, alphabetically) in a study (of sorts) released Tuesday by online music listening service Spotify of the Top 40 Musical Universities in America.
Spotify says the rankings were determined by “the schools whose students signed up for our student deal at the highest rates last semester, because that plan appeals to students who love music. Then, we ranked the schools where these listeners played the most songs, because people who love music listen a lot.”
And what does Auburn University listen to (on Spotify)?
Well, a lot of Iggy Azalea, Luke Bryan, Coldplay, Florida Georgia Line, and Childish Gambino. But not Lorde—AU apparently hates Lorde (but not the Lord — Christian music is big). Ditto Bob Marley and “Hipster.”
Here’s Auburn’s genre graph, from most POPular (pop) to least popular (classical):
… the most Spotified songs on the Plains are:
You can check out the full Top 40 list here.
Related: Auburn professor ranked 4th hottest in the country.
If you’d like to help TWER keep on keepin’ on, click here.
* Recent Auburn grad featured in ABC News segment on professional Viners
* Bo knows Jesus
* What legendary FSU AD John Bridgers had to do during practice when he played for Auburn in the early 40s
* The great Samford Tower Mickey Mouse clock caper of 1977
* Fore Eagle! Auburn fan Zach Manning describes the moment he found Rory McIlroy’s tee shot in his shorts pocket
* Teen who poured her Auburn soul out after wisdom teeth extraction recovering nicely, dishes dirt on Dayton
* ‘Looks like he’s gotten a little faster’: Jake Longenecker’s former high school coach proud of Auburn ball boy’s newfound fame
* Auburn-educated astronaut wanted ‘War Eagle’ to be first words on the moon
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise? Spare a dollar?
Auburn Elvis says
“Sports Broadcasts” should be a tabulated genre.