Look, the only way the San Jose State whatevers are going to have any shot at pulling off the biggest upset in the 75-year history of Jordan-Hare Stadium is if they are mentally prepared to withstand the crazy, totally unique atmosphere the makes an Auburn game so wild. Stuff like fight songs. And country music. (Lord knows how many games Auburn has won on the back of Toby Keith alone.)
It’s kind of like my friend who moved to Birmingham from New York in 9th grade and was amazed we all had shoes on our feet and paved roads to walk on.
Good luck, SJSU. You’re gon’ learn a lot about football and a little ’bout love come Saturday, I tell you what.
If you’d like to help TWER keep on keepin’ on, please click here.
* Auburn grad pays tribute to Toomer’s Oaks with giant back tattoo
* Auburn’s 70s Super Fan
* Gus Malzahn’s hurry-up, no-huddle offense has turned Auburn into Ball Boy U.
* Shug Jordan’s houndstooth hat is prized possession of former Auburn coed who caught it after ’69 Iron Bowl, claims it predates Bear’s
* Coke was first sold in Auburn!
* Don Knotts, Auburn student
* Former AU homecoming queen starring in HBO’s ‘The Newsroom’