There was an SEC Storied episode on the 1997 SEC Championship Game on the other night. It brought back a lot of memories, and reminded me of that folksy old football adage you just don’t hear that much anymore: “Spare the rod and spoil the offensive lineman.”
(Watch your back, Chad Slade.)
(Can’t see the video? Try here.)
The funny thing is, is that under Dye, DeMarcus easily could have received the same treatment for playing the game of his life!
Related: Photos of Auburn players, students carrying the goalpost after the 1997 Iron Bowl (and a great photo of Dameyune Craig).
If you’d like to help TWER keep on keepin’ on, please click here.
* More like the Bust Bama pep rally…
* The Snorg Tees Girl in a 1987 Auburn Iron Bowl victory T-shirt
* This song about the 1969 Iron Bowl is awesome
* A rap about the 1989 Iron Bowl
* Aubie romances early 80s coed on Bear skin rug
* Gus Malzahn’s hurry-up, no-huddle offense has turned Auburn into Ball Boy U.
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise? Spare a dollar?
I watched some of that the other night too, and almost lost it when Craig did that. Of course, it was like the 3rd penalty in a row against AU, so frustration was warranted.
Man, UT turned the ball over 5 times, which may or may not include the blocked XP returned for a safety. How did we lose that game?