If Auburn resident Jimmy Brandt does end up going as far in the golf life as he thinks he can, he may actually need to end up thanking his former Auburn coach after all. Brandt, who graduated from Auburn in 2008, seems to think he was kind of done wrong by AU’s golf program back in the early 2000s. And it still motivates him.
“I walked on the team at Auburn for one semester and really didn’t like the way the coach was doing things there with the walk-ons,” a tee’d off (badum!) Brandt says in his bio for the upcoming season of the Golf Channel competition reality show Big Break: Myrtle Beach. “I just waited till I got done, graduated, and started beating his guys all over the place.”
Despite playing with a chip on his shoulder (double badum!), Brandt obviously is devoted to his alma mater. The first minute or so of Meet the Players video, which aired a week or so back, is pretty much nothing but b-roll of Auburn landmarks.
Brandt has competed in several Web.com Tour events, and a bunch of other impressive stuff. And his dad is his caddie.
Big Break: Myrtle Beach premieres Tuesday, Oct. 7 at 8 pm (CST) on the Golf Channel.
Related: Fore Eagle! Auburn fan Zach Manning describes the moment he found Rory McIlroy’s tee shot in his shorts pocket.
If you’d like to help TWER keep on keepin’ on, please click here.
* ‘Jeopardy’ contestant whose ‘Cheers’-referencing final response went viral wishes she’d written ‘War Eagle’
* Recent Auburn grad featured in ABC News segment on professional Viners
* Fore Eagle! Auburn fan Zach Manning describes the moment he found Rory McIlroy’s tee shot in his shorts pocket
* Teen who poured her Auburn soul out after wisdom teeth extraction recovering nicely, dishes dirt on Dayton
* Auburn coaches lose it after beating Florida State in 1990
* Three fun plays you never see in highlights from the 1994 Auburn-Florida game
* Auburn fan in Omaha watches Auburn beat KSU to pass time in iPhone 6 line, tells TV news crew ‘War Eagle’
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise? Spare a dollar?
Leave a Reply