Because we’re told that if somehow your photo is one of the few selected for publication in their fan submitted stogie selfie section out of the thousands they receive each month, even then it normally takes maybe two years for it to actually pop up in the pages of the magazine. But not this time.
The photo brothers Brian (second from left) and Chris Duncan (far right) submitted—it was their third try in five years—made it in under a year, getting the rush treatment for the first issue of football season no doubt due to the compelling, zeitgeisty gravity of the context. Just four dudes smoking Rocky Patels before the greatest sports moment in cigar history, two not knowing it would be the last they could smoke without the aroma stirring memories of soul-crushing pain, the other two a million miles away from realizing just how good a cigar could be.
Here’s a photo of Brian after the game. The best cigar ever is in there somewhere.
More OMG Iron Bowl:
* New Auburn Student Center posters promoting the AU experience reference Kick Six, Iron Bowl
* Joe Scarborough cracks joke about Auburn paying players on MSNBC’s ‘Morning Joe’ because he’s still mad about the Iron Bowl
* Congrats, Auburn fans—you survived an earthquake
* Cremated remains found in Jordan-Hare Stadium after Iron Bowl
* Cam Newton ‘War Eagles’ throughout his post-game press conference Sunday after Iron Bowl
* New York Post: Iron Bowl ending ‘greatest in the history of sports’
* Pensacola bridge completely covered in Auburn graffiti after Iron Bowl
* Highlights, Iron Bowl, Highlights
* Watch Rod Bramblett, Stan White and the Auburn radio broadcast booth react to the final play
* Hear Rod and Eli back to back
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise? Spare a dollar?