In 1993, Charles Barkley hosted an episode of “Saturday Night Live” (here’s the promo—Nirvana was the musical guest). And he posterized a purple dinosaur. (Godzilla had to cancel at the last minute.)
The one-on-one Barkley on Barney showdown was part of Barkley’s monologue.
“Hey, Barney, thanks for doing this on such short notice” Barkley says at the beginning of the clip.
“That’s OK, Charles,” Barney replies. “That’s what caring and sharing are all about!” (Can’t see the video? Try here.)
“It really didn’t matter to me who won,” Barkleys said. “I just wanted to have a good time.”
Video: Auburn Obsessive.
If you’d like to help TWER keep on keepin’ on, please click here.
* Auburn coaches lose it after beating Florida State in 1990
* Three fun plays you never see in highlights from the 1994 Auburn-Florida game
* Philip Lutzenkirchen’s parenting advice
* Gus Malzahn, 1989
* Jeff Foxworthy walking around Auburn
* Pat Dye responds to ‘loudmouth’ allegations from 1959
* War Eagle found not guilty