The Montgomery Advertiser has a proud history of powerful puns when headlining their coverage of momentous Auburn occasions.
The Gene Chizik firing issue? A lot of people chuckled. A lot of people complained.
But their choice for the morning after the 2005 Iron Bowl, especially when combined with the full-page photo of Brodie Croyle accepting his fate they went with, is brilliant, a perfect bulls eye. It’s nine years later and I’m looking at this thing and I’m just as happy and relaxed as I was in the stadium that day. That day was a good day. Honk, honk, honk.
Photo: Jed Johnson.
Related: Most memorable Plainsman front page.
If you’d like to help TWER keep on keepin’ on, click here.
* Pat Dye, Belly Dancer
* Auburn players celebrate Pat Dye’s 44th birthday with shower, spanking (VIDEO)
* 10 years later, Bret Eddins reflects on the most visually effective sack in Auburn history
* Bama wins its first national championship four years after Auburn won its first national championship
* Auburn wore green jerseys… for two seasons
* Jeff Foxworthy walking around Auburn
* Pat Dye responds to ‘loudmouth’ allegations from 1959
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise? Spare a dollar?
Leave a Reply