Call it the Hurry Up No Bubble—40 pieces of gum? Per game? There’s no way you have time to blow through 40 pieces of gum per game blowin’ bubbles. (Can’t see the video? Try here.)
“I’ve just always done it,” GUM Malzahn said of his freakish habit during a Monday morning interview with the enablers on ESPN’s Numbers Never Lie. “It kind of helps me get in rhythm. It’s just habit. About the first three games my jaw’s sore, about that fourth game I kinda get into rhythm. I got to get into condition.”
In addition to Double Bubble, Malzahn talked about Nick Marshall, his golf game, Nick Saban, how the final 13 seconds vs. the Seminoles haunts his dreams (“I don’t think about the Alabama game or the Georgia game, I think about the Florida State game), and dodged a stupid question about the Dallas Cowboys from NNL co-host Greg McElroy.
The appearance was part of ESPN’s annual Car Wash program.
Video: Jeff Poor.
Related: Gus Malzahn in college.
If you’d like to help TWER keep on keepin’ on, please click here.
* Auburn coaches lose it after beating Florida State in 1990
* Three fun plays you never see in highlights from the 1994 Auburn-Florida game
* Philip Lutzenkirchen’s parenting advice
* Gus Malzahn, 1989
* Jeff Foxworthy walking around Auburn
* Pat Dye responds to ‘loudmouth’ allegations from 1959
* War Eagle found not guilty
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise? Spare a dollar?
Leave a Reply