Former Auburn wide receiver Prechae Rodriguez, one of Brandox Cox’s go-to guys in those first, cozy post-Perfect Season years, is still playing football, currently with the Arena Football League’s Pittsburgh Power, and still making touchdown catches. The one he snagged on the road against the Jacksonville Sharks last weekend—apparently all you have to do in the AFL is get one foot down on the AutoMatch USA banner as you’re flipping over the wall—was kind of amazing, and one the young Auburn fan Prechae handed the football to afterward will never forget. (Can’t see the video? Try here.)
“My son, Griffin, was wearing his Auburn Jersey and hat,” says 2001 Auburn grad Scott Owen, who had his family at the game. “Prechae scored on an amazing TD catch and found my son in his Auburn stuff and gave him the ball and said ‘War Eagle buddy.'”
So far, Rodriguez’ AFL career has been pretty awesome. He finished the game with ten catches for 163 and three, count’em three, touchdowns to bring his current season total to 21.
If you’d like to help TWER keep on keepin’ on, please click here.
* War Eagle found not guilty
* Three fun plays you never see in highlights from the 1994 Auburn-Florida game
* Auburn wore green jerseys… for two seasons
* Gus Malzahn, 1989
* Jeff Foxworthy walking around Auburn
* Pat Dye responds to ‘loudmouth’ allegations from 1959
* Dean Foy discusses the lewdness of youth