A lot can change for a football program in seven years. Ditto an Alabama news station’s video production studio (must be all those Long’s Electronics—Tomorrow’s electronics today!).
Here’s how the Auburn Football Review looked in 1975, and here’s how it looked it 1982, post-Pat Dye, but pre-Mike Hubbard voice overs. (Can’t see the video? Try here.)
Thank God they ditched that Pepsi logo, but I’d still be fine seeing that Superman The Movie-style “War Eagle” at the end of every Auburn everything.
Video: Auburn Obsessive.
If you’d like to help TWER keep on keepin’ on, please click here.
* War Eagle found not guilty
* Selena Roberts, Auburn student journalist
* Apple CEO Tim Cook huge Auburn fan even in high school
* Shug Jordan’s houndstooth hat is prized possession of former Auburn coed who caught it after ’69 Iron Bowl, claims it predates Bear’s
* That time David Housel punked the SEC with fake recruits