The slogans were working, they were working, they were working. Auburn’s AttitUde had just won them a national championship in 1993, and the thought we and Baby Bowden could actually keep the country’s longest shouldn’t-be-happening winning streak alive into 1994 was, yes, it was audacity, AUdacity, AU-DACITY (TM). Print the shirts, order the buttons. And after that LSU game—that LSU game? The Interception Game?
“You need to get in on this AU-DACITY thing, folks.”
Indeed, Phil. I still have mine. (Can’t see the video? Try here.)
Oh, and speaking of “confident or arrogant disregard for..conventional thought, or other restrictions,” why yes, Coach Bowden did say the 1994 LSU game would be the AU-dacious game… of 1993. But when you’ve won, like, 14 games in a row it’s hard to remember where one season ends and the other begins.
Video: Auburn Obsessive.
If you’d like to help TWER keep on keepin’ on, please click here.
* War Eagle found not guilty
* Selena Roberts, Auburn student journalist
* Apple CEO Tim Cook huge Auburn fan even in high school
* Shug Jordan’s houndstooth hat is prized possession of former Auburn coed who caught it after ’69 Iron Bowl, claims it predates Bear’s
* That time David Housel punked the SEC with fake recruits