The Sporting News took over or merged or whatever with Street and Smith’s Official College Football Yearbooks in 2007.
Nick Marshall is the latest Auburn quarterback to grace the magazine’s cover. Pat Sullivan was the first. And though Auburn had made great aesthetic strides in player protection, you still didn’t dare put a face mask on such a fine looking quarterback.
It wasn’t Super Sully’s only cover that year. There was an incredible painting of Auburn’s eventual Heisman Trophy winner on the cover of Birmingham Magazine, so incredible they were offering it as a poster.
Related: Check out the Pat Sullivan for Heisman brochure.
If you’d like to help TWER keep on keepin’ on, click here.
* Super Sully and his amazing sense of place
* Terry Bowden tells TWER Auburn has a right to claim 1993 national championship
* Bama wins its first national championship four years after Auburn won its first national championship
* Auburn wore green jerseys… for two seasons
* Gus Malzahn, 1989
* Jeff Foxworthy walking around Auburn
* Pat Dye responds to ‘loudmouth’ allegations from 1959
* Dean Foy discusses the lewdness of youth
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise? Spare a dollar?
Leave a Reply