Tracy Morgan is an Auburn fan. Because of Tre Mason (and Tre Mason’s dad). And because of Bo Jackson.
The comedian was on ESPN’s First Take Wednesday morning. The conversation turned to how whether Johnny Manziel would tank or triumph in the NFL. Morgan was ambivalent. He didn’t see much of Manziel in action. He doesn’t keep up much with college football. There are too many teams… but…
“But if I had to pick (a favorite team),” Morgan told Skip Bayless, “it’d be like Auburn because my boy, the running back, is (Tre) Mason. I grew up with his pops.”
Mason’s pops is DJ Maseo from De La Soul (we interviewed him about being Mason’s pops back in 2011).
But hey, we might still be posting this even without Tre.
“I love Auburn for Bo,” continued. “I go back to Bo Jackson.”
(Can’t see the video? Try here.)
h/t Charles Mauldin
Related: SNL alum Rob Schneider in an Auburn shirt.
If you’d like to help TWER keep on keepin’ on, click here.
* Auburn art museum places winning bid on amazing Warhol photo of John Oates in an Auburn shirt
* Auburn grads start the Netflix of neckties
* Bjork wrote a song about Auburn’s “Hey Day”
* John Travolta in an Auburn shirt
* Auburn’s Legend of Zelda
* Pat Sullivan orders a “Wishbone T” on Bob Hope
* “Cougar Town” star gets Glom’ed
* Auburn-educated astronaut wanted ‘War Eagle’ to be first words on the moon
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Talk about things in the Forums. Want to advertise? Spare a dollar?
Tracy Morgan is a trip. Uncle Jemima’s Pure Mash Liquor is one of the funniest SNL commercials that ever aired.
Totally agree – always liked Tracy Morgan and thought he was hilarious. Now I have another reason to think he’s pretty cool. Uncle Jemima’s Mash Liquor is no doubt one of the funniest SNL commercials ever to air up there with the Bassmaster 3000, etc.