The immortal David Langer died Saturday morning. You know who he was. War Eagle. Punt, Bama, Punt.
Here are some rare photos of No. 28 as he turned the punts into points on Dec. 2, 1972. And intercepted two passes. And returned an un-blocked punt for 58 yards.
Our condolences to the Langner family, and the Auburn family.
Photos: Larry Parker.
If you’d like to help TWER keep on keepin’ on, click here.
* Pat Dye responds to ‘loudmouth’ allegations from 1959
* Dean Foy discusses the lewdness of youth
* Fear and Loathing in Tuscaloosa
* Jimmy Buffett Sang: Let’s Get Drunk and Screw (Up My 1st Year at Auburn)
* Former Auburn football player plays for Busey’s “Bear”