Auburn University’s 2014 freshman class will include an expert bird caller. His name is James Clifford. He’ll be studying Civil Engineering. And if you call him a redneck, he might take it as a compliment.
Clifford and two fine-feathered friends recently mimicked to perfection the call of some sort of Canadian duck wannabe called a Red-neck Grebe for the annual Piedmont High School’s Bird Calling Contest. Their Grebe was good enough for second place and three minutes on Letteman. (Can’t see the video? Try here.)
Last year Clifford and Co. nailed the greater prairie chicken for first place.
I bet he can do a mean War Eagle. You know what I’m saying.
If you’d like to help TWER keep on keepin’ on, click here.
* Weather Channel cameras capture Samford Lawn wedding proposal in background
* Frontman for Auburn band discusses what it’s like to be the only guy not named Cam Newton in a class full of coeds
* Auburn senior has more than a million followers on Vine
* Sexiest Auburn photo ever?
* The Delta Chi Miss Hot Pants pageant
* Bjork wrote a song about Auburn’s “Hey Day”
* Crazy Auburn mural at Firehouse subs
* Auburn Playboy shoot at Chewacla during power outage
* Glee star Naya Rivera wears Auburn shirt in FHM photo shoot
* ‘Let Them Come’: Caleb Hyles, the Auburn student whose cover of ‘Let It Go’ went viral in February, films epic ‘Frozen’ meets ‘Game of Thrones’ video in California
* Playboy in Auburn, 1994