Sure, Bama probably did pay the refs off in the 2009 Iron Bowl like Annabeth’s Dad claimed in the last Auburn-referencing episode of Hart of Dixie, a CW show set in fictional Bluebell, Ala. in which, as we have spent years documenting, the Iron Bowl rivalry is a recurring theme.
But the most recent episode is the first to reflect actual, documented Iron Bowl history, and as opposed to fictitious blocks in the back (“The replay was very clear“). And you’ll never guess which one… (Can’t see the video? Try here.)
“And he ran the missed field goal all the way back to win the game,” Auburn princess Annabeth Nash tells a flirtatious Frenchman learning “about this American football,” “because Auburn is a far superior team.”
Eagle Ear Awards: @AUKathleen2418, Nancy Travis Connor.
Related: Bama fan character likes to talk about Auburn’s defense during sex in ‘Hart of Dixie’.
Watch more national media coverage of the 2013 Iron Bowl:
* ‘The moment America’s jaw collectively dropped’: Brian Williams talks the Iron Bowl on NBC Nightly News
* ‘Men kissing in the booth’: Rod Bramblett’s call gets five minutes of Fox & Friends
* Hota Kotb describes watching the game with her family, says ‘red shirt freshman’ Chris Davis made her brother cry
* ‘Greatest game ever’: Auburn makes a football fan of Barbara Walters
* Rod Bramblett’s radio call of the final play of the Iron Bowl featured on ABC News
* ‘World News With Diane Sawyer details the last minutes of the 2013 Iron Bowl, wonders what Auburn will do for an encore
For a $10 donation to TWER (just make sure you include your address), you can turn your car into a Bramblettmobile! Or a Hot Rod, if you will… act fast, supplies are limited…
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise? Spare a dollar?
Leave a Reply