Pardon The Interruption‘s Michael Wilbon finds it hard to believe that football is first at Auburn, given the “presence” of Charles Barkley, “the most important (loosely defined) alumnus and human resource Auburn has.”
But that’s the main reason Wilbon thinks Bruce Pearl, “someone who is larger than life and charismatic,” is a great hire for Auburn. Ditto co-host Tony Kornheiser. (Can’t see the video? Try here.)
And just like that, Auburn basketball—BASKETBALL!—is being discussed in earnest on evening-ish ESPN shows, not just with random, unintentional irony on The TODAY Show.
Video: Jeff Poor
* Auburn grad in Auburn shirt leads ‘The Price Is Right’ audience in ‘War Eagle’, wins car
* Bo knows Jesus
* What legendary FSU AD John Bridgers had to do during practice when he played for Auburn in the early 40s
* The great Samford Tower Mickey Mouse clock caper of 1977
* Show Some Pigskin: An Illustrated Guide to Auburn’s Playboy All-Americans
* A complete set of 1988 Phil Neel’s Auburn pinback buttons
* Cam Newton on the cover of GQ
* Pat Dye would have killed Jerry Sandusky
* Auburn-educated astronaut wanted ‘War Eagle’ to be first words on the moon
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise? Spare a dollar?