I kinda love thinking about the double takes from the cub reporters their first day on the job. What a great scene for the Shug biopic.
Jimmy pours himself a cup of joe, loads a sheet into his new Smith-Corona Skyriter, and cracks open the crisp 1960 media guide for the Auburn Tigers.
Jimmy: “Jordan? They actually think they have to tell me how to pronounce Jordan? Wait… what the…”
That’s right, saying it correctly—”JER-don” in 1956, “JUR-dun” in 1960—was a matter of media guide-worthy policy once upon a time.
… and what with all the well-meaning Auburn students who flub it in ESPNU interviews and stuff, it probably still should be.
(Mrs. Shug was, we recently learned, was exempt.)
* Auburn grad in Auburn shirt leads ‘The Price Is Right’ audience in ‘War Eagle’, wins car
* Bo knows Jesus
* What legendary FSU AD John Bridgers had to do during practice when he played for Auburn in the early 40s
* The great Samford Tower Mickey Mouse clock caper of 1977
* A complete set of 1988 Phil Neel’s Auburn pinback buttons
* Auburn-educated astronaut wanted ‘War Eagle’ to be first words on the moon
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise? Spare a dollar?