One good thing to come out of Auburn’s first meeting with Missouri (which we more than made up for in our second meeting with Missouri) is this wonderful little clip on pronunciation of Shug’s last name… which according to plaid-clad Lindsey Nelson and Tom Brookshier was pronounced two different ways on Woodfield Drive, both correctly (by Shug) and incorrectly (by Evelyn).
(Can’t see the video? Try here.)
Here are some more screencaps from the game. The plaid-clad Nelson and Brookshier weren’t the only ones making a fashion statement that sunny, super windy El Paso day. Yep, that’s an orange turtle neck under Shug’s turned-up coat collar.
For more info and rare photos from the ’73 Sun Bowl, go here.
Video: Allen Spain
Related: Shug and Evelyn Jordan carve a turkey.
* Auburn grad in Auburn shirt leads ‘The Price Is Right’ audience in ‘War Eagle’, wins car
* Bo knows Jesus
* What legendary FSU AD John Bridgers had to do during practice when he played for Auburn in the early 40s
* The great Samford Tower Mickey Mouse clock caper of 1977
* Show Some Pigskin: An Illustrated Guide to Auburn’s Playboy All-Americans
* A complete set of 1988 Phil Neel’s Auburn pinback buttons
* Cam Newton on the cover of GQ
* Pat Dye would have killed Jerry Sandusky
* Auburn-educated astronaut wanted ‘War Eagle’ to be first words on the moon
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise? Spare a dollar?