Auburn is the Biblically-based church sign college sports commentary capitol of the world. The latest case in point? The scripture that hall of famer Auburn Church of Christ is going with for the first Sunday service after Bruce Pearl Auburn’s new basketball coach: Matthew 13:45-46…
Auburn basketball the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant seeking beautiful pearls, who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had and bought it.”
Coincidence? Given their past history, we think not.
No word on Pearl yet from the reigning secular champs.
h/t Will Pankey
* Auburn grad in Auburn shirt leads ‘The Price Is Right’ audience in ‘War Eagle’, wins car
* Bo knows Jesus
* What legendary FSU AD John Bridgers had to do during practice when he played for Auburn in the early 40s
* The great Samford Tower Mickey Mouse clock caper of 1977
* Show Some Pigskin: An Illustrated Guide to Auburn’s Playboy All-Americans
* A complete set of 1988 Phil Neel’s Auburn pinback buttons
* Cam Newton on the cover of GQ
* Pat Dye would have killed Jerry Sandusky
* Auburn-educated astronaut wanted ‘War Eagle’ to be first words on the moon
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise? Spare a dollar?