UPDATE: There was a bigger “War Eagle” from the Al Roker-loving Auburn girls earlier in the show [video: Rebecca Shober]…
And what does Al Roker ask the girls with the “Auburn Girls Love Al Roker” sign outside the TODAY Show studios the morning after Auburn fired Tony Barbee?
“Are you guys in the big tournament, in the March Madness?”
“No. We aren’t.” (Can’t see the video? Try here.)
We thought Al was going to talk for a second with “0:01” sign’er, seeing as how this is what he looked like after the Iron Bowl. But we appreciate the unintended (?) irony.
Fun national media coverage of the 2013 Iron Bowl:
* ‘The moment America’s jaw collectively dropped’: Brian Williams talks the Iron Bowl on NBC Nightly News
* ‘Men kissing in the booth’: Rod Bramblett’s call gets five minutes of Fox & Friends
* Hota Kotb describes watching the game with her family, says ‘red shirt freshman’ Chris Davis made her brother cry
* ‘Greatest game ever’: Auburn makes a football fan of Barbara Walters
* Rod Bramblett’s radio call of the final play of the Iron Bowl featured on ABC News
* ‘World News With Diane Sawyer details the last minutes of the 2013 Iron Bowl, wonders what Auburn will do for an encore