Someone sends you a video of what they say is a horse doing horse stuff to the Auburn Fight Song, you click play expecting to see some sort of promo for Auburn’s almost disturbingly dominant Equestrian Program.
But no, best we can tell, this is just a video of renowned dressage diva Jodie Kelley and Manhattan the horse doing their thing to the sounds of the Auburn fight song and the sweet spots from the Rocky soundtrack at the 2012 FEI Grand Prix Freestyle.
At the end, the British-accented announcer asks “And with that choice of music, you think this girl went to Auburn?”
Yeah, you would. But best we can tell, Kelly is just a really big Auburn fan, perhaps because of her frequent visits to and work with the Large Animal Teaching Hospital operated by Auburn’s almost disturbingly dominant vet school.
h/t Heather Moffett
Related: Seattle Slew, only undefeated Triple Crown winner, was owned by Auburn grads.
* Frank Sinatra doesn’t care that Auburn beat Alabama by 12 points
* Rare candids of Pat Sullivan at the 1971 Heisman banquet
* Pompadours on the Plains: the 50s revival at Auburn
* Bear Bryant’s lost year at Auburn
* Drew Carey’s thoughts on Auburn
* Auburn grads start the Netflix of neckties
* Bjork wrote a song about Auburn’s “Hey Day”
* John Travolta in an Auburn T-shirt
* Glory, Glory: Alice Fraasa, the Snorg Tees Girl, is banner Auburn coed
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise? Spare a dollar?
Richard Stephens says
Wow, love that OLD version of War Eagle!
Jodie is very well known and thought of in the Equestrian world! She is a HUGE Auburn fan!