Another example of the deep, lasting cultural impact of the Iron Bowl? Only a Beatles reunion could be bigger.
“Every year CBS brings you the biggest events on television,” the voice on the commercial for CBS’ The Night That Changed America: A GRAMMY Salute To The Beatles says over quick cuts of the Victoria’s Secret fashion show and… yep… Chris Davis crossing the goal line on the final play of the Iron Bowl. “But this is the biggest of them all.”
The show, which airs Sunday night, will feature former Beatles Paul McCartney and Ringo Star in a reunion “50 years in the making,” plus a bunch of other rock stars performing Beatles songs. We’ll just be watching for the Davis clip.
h/t James Haynes
Watch more national media coverage of the 2013 Iron Bowl:
* ‘The moment America’s jaw collectively dropped’: Brian Williams talks the Iron Bowl on NBC Nightly News
* ‘Men kissing in the booth’: Rod Bramblett’s call gets five minutes of Fox & Friends
* Hota Kotb describes watching the game with her family, says ‘red shirt freshman’ Chris Davis made her brother cry
* ‘Greatest game ever’: Auburn makes a football fan of Barbara Walters
* Rod Bramblett’s radio call of the final play of the Iron Bowl featured on ABC News
* ‘World News With Diane Sawyer details the last minutes of the 2013 Iron Bowl, wonders what Auburn will do for an encore