Here’s an interview Auburn’s student-run TV channel Eagle Eye TV did with Auburn student Caleb Hyles. They just put it online, and the number of views they claim his epic cover of Let It Go from Disney’s Frozen has received is already hopelessly outdated by 700,000 views and counting– 200,000 more than we first posted the video (to those in Korea who can only watch and watch and watch an embedded version of it, you’re welcome).
Eagle Eye says the video has been played 1.3 million times. Now we’re pushing 2.3 million.
“It’s just such a wonderful song and it has a lot of poignant messages in it that mean a lot to me and a lot of other people,” the Montgomery native told Eagle Eye. “I wanted to add a spin to it that I don’t think I had heard before, especially in any male covers, and really try to stretch myself too.”
Hyles, who also fronts a Montgomery-based metal band called From The Dark–he wore a Metallica shirt for the interview– is (understandably) one of the Top 10 contestants in Eagle Eye’s Auburn Sings competition.
* Auburn student Caleb Hyles’ insane cover of ‘Let It Go’ from Disney’s ‘Frozen’ goes viral
* Foy Information Desk swamped with calls for days as phone number goes viral
* Alabama Shakes Brittany Howard: ‘I’m an Auburn fan.’
* The sexy Auburn grad student in ‘House’
* Wall Street Journal says Auburn football worth millions more than Alabama football
* Auburn professor 4th hottest in the country
* Auburn students vandalize Jacks restaurant ’cause it looked too Bama