“Daniel Moore has captured some of the greatest moments in Alabama football history on canvas. But for the second straight year, he’ll be painting a picture of a Crimson Tide loss, and this time the artwork will go to Auburn.”
That’s the lead to an al.com story on famed Bama
artist Daniel Moore who, as the artist annually commissioned by the U.S. Sports Academy “to create a painting of the College Football Game of the Year,” is having to ply his trade on the college football game of the millennium, and ergo, the most crushing Bama loss in all possible worlds. It may be the best lead ever. It’s poetry.
It’s currently just in its embryonic, pencil sketch form, but here’s what the painting, which Moore is calling “The Runback,” will look like:
You can read the rest of the story here.
Speaking of Iron Bowl-inspired art, you still have a few hours to bid on these pieces…
More OMG Iron Bowl:
* The Iron Bowl Earthquake
* Cremated remains found in Jordan-Hare Stadium after Iron Bowl
* Cam Newton ‘War Eagles’ throughout his post-game press conference Sunday after Iron Bowl
* New York Post: Iron Bowl ending ‘greatest in the history of sports’
* Pensacola bridge completely covered in Auburn graffiti after Iron Bowl
* Highlights, Iron Bowl, Highlights
* Watch Rod Bramblett, Stan White and the Auburn radio broadcast booth react to the final play
* Hear Rod and Eli back to back
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise? Spare a dollar?