In 1999, Auburn paid $500,000 to back out of its season opener against No. 1 Florida State.
And a Florida State grad paid $5,000 to call Auburn cowards.
Not sure how much these shirts cost.
Related: That time a Florida State alum paid for a full-page ‘Cowards’ ad in the Auburn Plainsman.
* George Wallace trading insults with hippies at Toomer’s Corner
* ‘A Momma Goldberg’s menu from 1979
* What Auburn thought about Toomer’s toilet paper removal in 1979
* Florida State fraternity pledges caught attempting unspeakable initiation rite at Auburn dorm
* That time Auburn majorettes tried to get fans to streak at A-Day
* Congrats Auburn fans—you survived an earthquake
* ‘One of the smartest f***ing minds in football’
* Watch Pat Dye lick sugar off of a football
* The play that saved Auburn football
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise? Spare a dollar?
Leave a Reply