Dana Marquez (aka as of right now: Sew Right, Carl), the Auburn football team’s equipment manager is, like, a thing now.
Pat Forde is calling him the Male McKayla Maroney, because someone thought a photo of him looking sufficiently not impressed with the greatest play in football history warranted Photoshops of him being not impressed with the royal baby and the moon and stuff. But of course, his real claim to fame came when Auburn defensive end LaDarius Owens’ jersey was torn. Marquez sprang into action. The cameras zoomed in.
Since the game, he’s been interviewed by the OA-News and the New York Times and Forbes and everywhere else for various sidebars and newsy angles to the Iron Bowl. The phone has been ringing off the hook. He’s even being recognized around town now.
Just like night, he and his wife Liz were harassed by a website editor at Niffer’s, and on kid’s night, which meant Dwayne Reynolds, aka Dr. Magical, was there with his magic bag of balloons. Reynolds is a big Auburn fan. He watched the game on TV. When he was told the sewing machine guy was behind him, he was impressed. Reynolds sprang into action. The cameras zoomed in.
Best balloon sewing machine ever?
You’re sew right, Carl…
More OMG Iron Bowl:
* Amazing girl lip synchs Rod Bramblett’s amazing Iron Bowl call
* Congrats, Auburn fans—you survived an earthquake
* Cremated remains found in Jordan-Hare Stadium after Iron Bowl
* Cam Newton ‘War Eagles’ throughout his post-game press conference Sunday after Iron Bowl
* New York Post: Iron Bowl ending ‘greatest in the history of sports’
* Pensacola bridge completely covered in Auburn graffiti after Iron Bowl
* Highlights, Iron Bowl, Highlights
* Watch Rod Bramblett, Stan White and the Auburn radio broadcast booth react to the final play
* Hear Rod and Eli back to back
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise? Spare a dollar?
If we’re elevating side stories:
Dwayne Reynolds, aka Dr. Magical, also taught swing dance lessons back in the day in the bottom of Haley Center (early 2000’s).
Peggy Bullard says
In case you have any stickers left – my address is 21472 Hwy 83 N, Monticello, GA 31064.