It was Auburn’s first regular season nationally televised game, back when there was only one game a week on TV, which meant it was Auburn’s first featured listing in TV Guide. Smiling Lloyd Nix and Co. treated America to one of the most dominating defensive performances in history. The defending national champions held Tennessee to ZERO first downs and minus 30 yards of offense.
Auburn won 13-0. It was the Tigers’ second season-opening win over the Vols in a row.
You can read a letter Shug wrote to the team before the Tennessee game here.
For a $10 donation to TWER (just make sure you include your address), you can turn your car into a Bramblettmobile! Or a Hot Rod, if you will… If you’ve already made a donation just for the O:MG sticker, don’t worry—you’ll get the 109 Yards sticker, too! But act fast, supplies are limited…
* The Toomer’s Oak offspring that won’t die
* ‘Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer’ was recorded by an Auburn grad
* Iron Bowl star Chris Davis receives cheered at Auburn graduation ceremony
* Florida State fraternity pledges caught attempting unspeakable initiation rite at Auburn dorm
* Auburn restaurant celebrating Iron Bowl with takeout boxes
* Congrats Auburn fans—you survived an earthquake
* ‘One of the smartest f***ing minds in football’
* Auburn fans already applying for Iron Bowl victory vanity license plates
* Hear Rod and Eli back to back
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise? Spare a dollar?