Matt Lauer had the final second of the Iron Bowl at No. 9 on his list of the Top 10 cultural moments of 2013, much to the dismay of Bryant Gumble, who somehow thought the lights going out at the Super Bowl was a bigger deal than than what fellow NBC’er Brian Williams called “the moment America’s jaw collectively dropped.”
“I thought if people were debating whether or it was the greatest sports finish ever you had to put it on the list,” Lauer said.
More like Matt LAUer…
* George Wallace trading insults with hippies at Toomer’s Corner
* ‘A Momma Goldberg’s menu from 1979
* What Auburn thought about Toomer’s toilet paper removal in 1979
* Florida State fraternity pledges caught attempting unspeakable initiation rite at Auburn dorm
* That time Auburn majorettes tried to get fans to streak at A-Day
* Congrats Auburn fans—you survived an earthquake
* ‘One of the smartest f***ing minds in football’
* Watch Pat Dye lick sugar off of a football
* The play that saved Auburn football
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise? Spare a dollar?