We’re trying to plow through the backlog of clips of talking heads exploding over the Iron Bowl. Here’s one we forgot: Monday’s episode of Morning Joe, which of course had Auburn native Robert Gibbs, who on like they do pretty much every time there’s an opportunity for some Iron Bowl trash talk between the former press secretary for Barack Obama and co-host Joe Scarborough, who loves Alabama football like Satan loves sin.
Gibbs, who was at the game with his 10-year-old son, wore an Auburn shirt as always.
Scarborough’s first comment: “So this is what happens when poor white trash wins the lottery.”
His co-host, Mika Brzezinski, was just as professional: “Oh my God, that is the ugliest shirt ever… you look like a disturbed person that may touch me inappropriately.”
h/t The Daily Caller
Watch more national media coverage of the 2013 Iron Bowl:
* Keith Olbermann includes Nick Saban, person who dumped cremated remains in Jordan-Hare Stadium in ‘Worst Person In The Sports World’ list
* ‘World News With Diane Sawyer details the last minutes of the 2013 Iron Bowl, wonders what Auburn will do for an encore
* ‘The moment America’s jaw collectively dropped’: Brian Williams talks the Iron Bowl on NBC Nightly News
* ‘Men kissing in the booth’: Rod Bramblett’s call gets five minutes of Fox & Friends
* Hota Kotb describes watching the game with her family, says ‘red shirt freshman’ Chris Davis made her brother cry
* ‘Greatest game ever’: Auburn makes a football fan of Barbara Walters
* Rod Bramblett’s radio call of the final play of the Iron Bowl featured on ABC News