You had to feel bad for whoever those other dudes were going up against Cam (I honestly can’t remember their names at the moment). Not only were they guaranteed losers, but whatever local support they may have had from their “fans” was completely lost in the sea of Auburn Tigers mobilized by New York Auburn alumni club to roll out the orange and blue carpet for Cam in the Big Apple literally on his way to picking up Auburn’s third Heisman Trophy.
The “Heisman Tiger Walk” was one of the more fun stories we broke and covered during Camelot. So we’re kind of pumped we get to do it again.
Yep, though Tre Mason’s chances for bringing hope the stiff arm trophy (as he deserves to) aren’t exactly Newtonian, members of the New York Auburn Club are trying to make sure he feels every bit at home as the Blessed Individual did three years ago.
Club organizers are asking members (and you know, any Auburn fans in the area) to meet at the “Lion King tunnel” adjacent to the Best Buy Theater (Broadway and 44th Street) no later than 5 p.m. on December 14 “to cheer Tre into the Heisman ceremony.”
“We will be providing a limited number of shakers, but everyone should feel free to bring their own shakers, signs and spirit!”
NYC Auburn Club president Jonathan Graves said the group is still trying to secure 250-300 shakers—used, new, doesn’t matter. As long as they outnumber the crimson and white ones (which will be there).
“Whether you call it luck, magic or destiny, our Auburn Tigers are having an amazing run for the BCS title, but only pure talent is bringing Tre Mason to NYC as a finalist for the Heisman award,” Graves said. “We will welcome Tre in true Auburn style with a Tiger Walk to hopefully lead him towards his own destiny as a Heisman winner.”
You can go behind the scenes at the first Heisman Tiger Walk here.
* Iron Bowl column sets readership record for Stanford student newspaper
* ‘Holy crap what have I done!’ Auburn fan who stole Gus Malzahn’s visor issues apology, wants to return the hat
* Cremated remains found in Jordan-Hare Stadium after Iron Bowl
* Cam Newton ‘War Eagles’ throughout his post-game press conference Sunday after Iron Bowl
* New York Post: Iron Bowl ending ‘greatest in the history of sports’
* Pensacola bridge completely covered in Auburn graffiti after Iron Bowl
* Highlights, Iron Bowl, Highlights
* Watch Rod Bramblett, Stan White and the Auburn radio broadcast booth react to the final play
* Hear Rod and Eli back to back
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise? Spare a dollar?