We thought, you know, from a certain perspective, that story we broke about the ashes found on Pat Dye Field after the Iron Bowl, though odd, was kind of cool. Here’s someone who had the wherewithal and fore site or prophetic sensitivity or whatever to bring the remains of a friend or loved one to the Iron Bowl on the chance they could honor said loved one’s wishes (I guess?) to have their ashes placed at the site of the most amazing football game in the history of amazement. ESPN2 host Keith Olbermann saw our post. He felt differently. Polar oppositely. To the point he actually (but “not completely literally”) named the person one of the worst three people in the Monday sports world. Sheesh.
Thankfully, the Ben Affleck impersonator saved his harshest judgement for Nick Saban.
Video: Jeff Poor
Watch more national media coverage of the 2013 Iron Bowl:
* ‘World News With Diane Sawyer details the last minutes of the 2013 Iron Bowl, wonders what Auburn will do for an encore
* ‘The moment America’s jaw collectively dropped’: Brian Williams talks the Iron Bowl on NBC Nightly News
* ‘Men kissing in the booth’: Rod Bramblett’s call gets five minutes of Fox & Friends
* Hota Kotb describes watching the game with her family, says ‘red shirt freshman’ Chris Davis made her brother cry
* ‘Greatest game ever’: Auburn makes a football fan of Barbara Walters
* Rod Bramblett’s radio call of the final play of the Iron Bowl featured on ABC News