How confident was the person in charge of the event calendar listings for INsite, “Atlanta’s Entertainment Monthly,” that the Tide would roll over Auburn? They decided to get a jump on their workload and just go ahead and list the SEC Championship Game as an Alabama game in their December issue, accompanying photo of Nick Saban with the crystal football and all:
Once again, this is a game that could easily be renamed “Prelude to a National Title.” The SEC championship game is truly a one of a kind. A member of the conference has gone on to win the past seven straight national championships. So a ticket to the Georgia Dome is a ticket to see the best in the country. Top-ranked Alabama faces either Mizzou or South Carolina for the league’s crown. Get tickets, if you can, at secsports.com. The winner will go on to face [it doesn’t matter] for the title.
It’s also still up on their website.
I wonder how many Bama fans will still show up?
Photo: Catherine Sirna
More OMG Iron Bowl:
* ‘Holy crap what have I done!’ Auburn fan who stole Gus Malzahn’s visor issues apology, wants to return the hat
* Cremated remains found in Jordan-Hare Stadium after Iron Bowl
* Cam Newton ‘War Eagles’ throughout his post-game press conference Sunday after Iron Bowl
* New York Post: Iron Bowl ending ‘greatest in the history of sports’
* Pensacola bridge completely covered in Auburn graffiti after Iron Bowl
* Highlights, Iron Bowl, Highlights
* Watch Rod Bramblett, Stan White and the Auburn radio broadcast booth react to the final play
* Hear Rod and Eli back to back
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise? Spare a dollar?