Tre Mason deserved to be named a Heisman Trophy finalist. He was.
“When I heard the news, I was in disbelief,” Mason said in a statement released by Auburn early Monday evening. “This has been such a season for our team and we are going to the national championship. For me to be invited to the Heisman ceremony, I am honored and blessed. I couldn’t have done it without my teammates; this is an honor for all of them also.”
Mason, who today was named SEC Offensive Player of the Year by the AP, has run for 22 touchdowns and 1,621 yards this season, 304 them coming in a bruising performance against Missouri in the SEC Championship Game that turned Mason from a long-shot fan favorite into bonafide contender for the trophy.
Joining him in New York City will be quarterback Jameis Winston, Boston College’s Andre Williams of Boston College, Johnny Manziel, AJ McCarron and Northern Illinois quarterback Jordan Lynch.
Related: The proBotional material of 1985.
* Amazing girl lip synchs Rod Bramblett’s amazing Iron Bowl call
* Congrats, Auburn fans—you survived an earthquake
* Cremated remains found in Jordan-Hare Stadium after Iron Bowl
* Cam Newton ‘War Eagles’ throughout his post-game press conference Sunday after Iron Bowl
* New York Post: Iron Bowl ending ‘greatest in the history of sports’
* Pensacola bridge completely covered in Auburn graffiti after Iron Bowl
* Highlights, Iron Bowl, Highlights
* Watch Rod Bramblett, Stan White and the Auburn radio broadcast booth react to the final play
* Hear Rod and Eli back to back
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise? Spare a dollar?
Leave a Reply