Auburn Mayor Bill Ham Jr. and Mayor John Marks of Tallahassee agreed today to a friendly wager on the outcome of the BCS National Championship game. If the Tigers win, Marks will send Ham som Bradley’s sausage from Tallahassee’s iconic Bradley’s County Store. If FSU win, Ham will spring for a cup of Toomer’s lemonade, the No. 1 reason it’s great to be an American man.
Marks, a Florida State University grad, said today in a press release that he has complete faith in his team. “It’s extraordinary to see what the Seminole football team, Coach Jimbo Fisher, and rest of the staff have accomplished this year,” Marks said. “Auburn is also a great team, but if there’s someone out there with any doubt as to who will win, I have one word for them: UNCONQUERED!”
In addition to the wagers of lemonade and sausage, the losing mayor will also make a charitable donation of $200 to the Boys & Girls Club of the winning city.
“I’m confident in what Coach Malzahn and this Auburn team are bringing to Pasadena,” Ham said, “and I look forward to getting a taste of Bradley’s sausage and to Mayor Marks’ upcoming generous contribution to our local Boys and Girls Club.”
* George Wallace trading insults with hippies at Toomer’s Corner
* ‘A Momma Goldberg’s menu from 1979
* What Auburn thought about Toomer’s toilet paper removal in 1979
* Florida State fraternity pledges caught attempting unspeakable initiation rite at Auburn dorm
* That time Auburn majorettes tried to get fans to streak at A-Day
* Congrats Auburn fans—you survived an earthquake
* ‘One of the smartest f***ing minds in football’
* Watch Pat Dye lick sugar off of a football
* The play that saved Auburn football
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise? Spare a dollar?