I was pretty proud of finding that black and white Plainsman shot of The Auburn Stadium because it was the only photo of Auburn Stadium, i.e. the words “The Auburn Stadium” I’d ever seen, maybe the only photo there was to see. But it wasn’t. It isn’t. There’s another one, and what it lacks in letters it makes up for in living color.
From the 1941 Glom (only a year away from those jerseys being green).
h/t Dave Bivin
For a $10 donation to TWER (just make sure you include your address), you can turn your car into a Bramblettmobile! Or a Hot Rod, if you will… If you’ve already made a donation just for the O:MG sticker, don’t worry—you’ll get the 109 Yards sticker, too! But act fast, supplies are limited…
* George Wallace trading insults with hippies at Toomer’s Corner
* ‘A Momma Goldberg’s menu from 1979
* What Auburn thought about Toomer’s toilet paper removal in 1979
* Florida State fraternity pledges caught attempting unspeakable initiation rite at Auburn dorm
* That time Auburn majorettes tried to get fans to streak at A-Day
* Congrats Auburn fans—you survived an earthquake
* ‘One of the smartest f***ing minds in football’
* Watch Pat Dye lick sugar off of a football
* The play that saved Auburn football
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise? Spare a dollar?