UPDATE: Watch Nana react to the Iron Bowl.
Nana, a former Auburn cheerleader (according to the wonderful person who posted this video), left the Auburn-Georgia game a minute before it was over, because once again the dang refs started calling penalties on us or whatever in the last minutes and cost us the ballgame but, hey, it’s great to be an Auburn Tiger and OH MY GOD ANGELA, COME HERE, AUBURN WON!
From the YouTube description of possibly the best video to come out of the Miracle other than the Miracle:
This is my 80ish year old grandmother – a former Auburn cheerleader – and HUGE fan on the phone not realizing Auburn even won in the last minute of the Georgia-Auburn game 2013. She left a minute early. Stick with it until you hear me explain that her team won. This UGA grad was heartbroken, but her reaction is priceless!
ANGELA DO YOU HEAR ME? ANGELA SPEAK TO ME! DID YOU KNOW AUBURN WON THE DAMN BALLGAME? (Can’t see the video? Try here.)
UPDATE: We’re told Nana is Marion Poitevint Hicks, and that she was a cheerleader in 1948 and 1949. And that she gave birth to an Auburn letterman, Steve Poitevint (1978-79). Angela…ANGELA!… is her daughter.
* Auburn art museum places winning bid on amazing Warhol photo of John Oates in an Auburn shirt
* Auburn grads start the Netflix of neckties
* Bjork wrote a song about Auburn’s “Hey Day”
* John Travolta in an Auburn shirt
* Auburn’s Legend of Zelda
* Pat Sullivan orders a “Wishbone T” on Bob Hope
* “Cougar Town” star gets Glom’ed
* Auburn-educated astronaut wanted ‘War Eagle’ to be first words on the moon