So many great comeback stories in one room. But even more inspiring than Arsenio rising from Arizona, is Paralympic sprinter Blake Leeper, whose legs were amputated shortly after birth, but who is now “is training to be the first disabled American to compete in the Olympic games.” How? With his state of the art running blades and, of course, the never-quit example set by Bo Jackson.
Not sure how Leeper was a fan of Bo before his injury, unless he was watching him when he was two. But you know, I remember Bo when there’s no way I should remember him, either. I go into that a bit in this story on Bo I wrote about how I could never track Bo down for the story on Bo. Arsenio probably didn’t have that problem. They go way back.
h/t Preston Hornsby, Jay Thomason.
* The ProBotional materials of 1985
* Bo tells Deion Sanders to put up or shut up
* Bo Jackson on shaggin’ flies
* Actor named Auburn can’t get gigs with his first name
* Gabe Wright calls out Nick Fairley with “Nick Who?” hat
* An Open Letter to the 2011 Auburn Recruiting Class
* Josh Bynes terrifies young children at Mobile Auburn Club fundraiser
* Former Auburn cheerleader competing in new season of ‘Survivor’
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Talk about things in the Forums. Want to advertise? Spare a dollar?
[…] like you to meet a paralympic sprinter Blake Leeper. He was a guest on Arsenio Hall’s show. Hall brought on a surprise special guest. Leeper’s reaction is […]