From the Jan. 14, 1988 issue of The Plainsman. You can read more about Selena Roberts’ time at Auburn here.
Related: Selena Roberts, Auburn Student Journalist.
More Iron Bowl:
* Auburn fan who ran onto the field during the 1969 Iron Bowl tells all!
* More like the BUST Bama pep rally…
* The Snorg Tees Girl in a 1987 Auburn Iron Bowl victory T-shirt
* This song about the 1969 Iron Bowl is awesome
* A rap about the 1989 Iron Bowl
* Aubie romances early 80s coed on Bear skin rug
* David Housel’s radio address before the 2002 Iron Bowl
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise? Spare a dollar?
Auburn Elvis says
Where’s the sensationalism? Why’s there no mention of Chizik and drugs? Are you sure this was written by THE Selena Roberts?
Tim Chambliss says
I’m sorry, but it’s time to quit calling it “The Iron Bowl.” It has nothing to do with Birmingham anymore and Pat Dye was correct to tell them what to do with it when they shoved that contract extension across his desk.
It’s gotta be the “Iron Bowl.” It’s the toughest-sounding bowl. It has the best name. “Egg Bowl”? C’mon.