The Auburn Athletics Department today announced the following parking plan for the 2013 Iron Bowl to help accommodate fans during the Thanksgiving holiday week.
IRON BOWL PARKING
· RV’s parked in the Hayfields for the Georgia game must vacate the hayfields on Sunday, Nov. 17
· Hayfield lots will open on Saturday, Nov. 23 from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. for fans wanting to park, but not occupy their RV’s (see more information below)
· Hayfield lots will reopen and remain open on Wednesday, Nov. 27 at 8 a.m.
· The SRV lot will open for football permit RV parking at 10 a.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 27.
· The East Coliseum RV lot will open for football permit RV parking at 10 a.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 27.
· At 6 a.m. on Friday, Nov. 29 campus will open for tailgating. Reserved game day parking lots will open at 8 a.m. on Saturday, Nov. 30.
· Any flagging set-up prior to Friday at 6 a.m. will be removed by Auburn University public safety officials.
PARKING IN THE HAYFIELDS
· RV’s must remain unoccupied from Saturday, Nov. 23 at 3 p.m. until lots reopen at 8 a.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 27.
· The Hayfields will be barricaded on Saturday, Nov. 23 at 3 p.m., and no additional RV’s will be allowed to enter the hayfields until Wednesday, Nov. 27 at 8 a.m.
· Auburn public safety officials will monitor the Hayfields, however all RV’s are parked at their own risk and Auburn University encourages all fans to secure their property.
· In order to accommodate as many RVs as possible, flagging for the Alabama game will not be permitted until Wednesday, Nov. 27 at 8 a.m. Approximately 50’ x 20’ of space is appropriate per RV. Any excessive flagging will be removed by Auburn University public safety officials.
CAR PARKING PASSES
There are many free car parking spaces available throughout the Auburn campus. There are additional options for reserved, general public paid parking spaces.
· Parking and Tailgating Map
· Reserved Paid Parking
Auburn vs. Alabama Timeline
Sunday, November 17, 2013
4:00 p.m. RV’s must vacate the Hayfields
Saturday, November 23, 2013
11 a.m. – 3 p.m. Hayfields available for RV parking
Tuesday, November 26, 2013
5:00 p.m. University closed for Thanksgiving Holiday
7:00 p.m. Auburn Men’s Basketball vs. Tennessee State (Auburn Arena)
NOTE: East Coliseum, Stadium Deck, and Corner of Donahue and War Eagle Way OPEN
Wednesday, November 27, 2013
6:00 a.m. East Coliseum lot closed for football reserved parking
6:00 a.m. SRV lot closed for football reserved parking
8:00 a.m. Hayfields open for RV parking (Hayfield restrooms open)
10:00 a.m. SRV lot open for football permit RV parking
10:00 a.m. East Coliseum lot open for football permit RV parking
Friday, November 29, 2013
6:00 a.m. Campus open for tailgating (Hayfield, Allison Lab, CDV restrooms open)
Noon Friday Football Luncheon (Lettermen’s Lounge)
2 – 6 p.m. Downtown Auburn “Blue Friday” Event – www.ironbowlthanksgiving.com
2:00 p.m. Dorms re-open to residents
2 – 6 p.m. Jordan-Hare Stadium Locker Room Tours
6:00 p.m. Auburn Baseball Homerun Derby (Plainsman Park)
NOTE: Arena Lot and Stadium Deck OPEN until 10 p.m.
6:00 p.m. Autumn Nights Downtown Event – Pep Rally and live music (Band:
Saturday, November 30, 2013
8:00 a.m. All athletics-controlled parking lots open
TBD Auburn Arena Ticket Office Will Call open (Arena – 1st Floor)
Lovelace Hall of Honor open (Use main arena entrance)
AU Team Shop inside Auburn Arena open
4 hours prior to kick-off Game Day Tiger Transit service begins
Tiger Tailgate at Plainsman Park open (open to the public)
Coca-Cola Tiger Fan Fest open (Nichols Center lawn)
2 hours prior to kick-off Jordan-Hare Stadium gates open
Stadium Box Office Will Call open (West Ticket Booth)
The Auburn IMG Sports Network coverage of Auburn football begins with the Red Diamond Tiger Tailgate Show live from Plainsman Park
1:30 hours prior to kick-off Spirit March and Pep Rally
TBD Kickoff Auburn vs. Alabama
For a full parking and tailgating map, click here.
* Auburn art museum places winning bid on amazing Warhol photo of John Oates in an Auburn shirt
* Auburn grads start the Netflix of neckties
* Bjork wrote a song about Auburn’s “Hey Day”
* John Travolta in an Auburn shirt
* Auburn’s Legend of Zelda
* Pat Sullivan orders a “Wishbone T” on Bob Hope
* “Cougar Town” star gets Glom’ed
* Auburn-educated astronaut wanted ‘War Eagle’ to be first words on the moon