In the 70s (not to be confused with the 7-Ds), The Plainsman had this thing for frontpaging photos of presumably nude girls covering themselves with props.
They were also always trying to entice advertisers with their own enticing advertising.
So this ad with a naked girl in a barrel that ran exactly 40 years ago today (the same day this guy showed up, by the way) was bound to happen to sooner or later.
Check out in our growing Loveliest of the Plains archives here.
* Bear Bryant, Auburn fan?
* Catching up with Auburn’s former Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue model
* Wonder Woman, Joan from Mad Men, Dr. Girlfriend… all Auburn fans
* Auburn’s first nude model tells all
* George Hardy won’t let you piss on Cam Newton
* Best reaction to being named Miss Homecoming ever
* Shug carves a turkey
* Top American pale ale first brewed in Auburn bathtub