So there was apparently some short-lived ESPN show once upon last year or something called UNITE, which, before it was cancelled, gave us some quality footage from the heartbreaking, Barn-burning 1996 Auburn-LSU game via a failed Mystery Science Theater-styled segment called From The Archives (or maybe the whole thing was like that, and that’s why the ratings were so low, who knows…).
Look—there’s the orange drop shadow, there’s young Will Muschamp, there’s Doyle Jackson doing the Referee Robot (that part was decent, I guess), there’s Kevin Faulk’s hairdo tribute to Tupac, and, of course, there is the towering inferno that devoured the old Auburn Sports Arena (thanks to… Godzilla) and likely released more carcinogens than all of the cigarettes ever smoked on Auburn’s smoke-free campus combined. (Can’t see the video? Try here.)
* The truth behind the Auburn-LSU “Earthquake Game”
* LSU women love Auburn men
* A complete set of 1988 Phil Neel’s Auburn pinback buttons
* Auburn-educated astronaut wanted ‘War Eagle’ to be first words on the moon
* Show Some Pigskin: An Illustrated Guide to Auburn’s Playboy All-Americans